Re: [tor-talk] Run the shell script

On 08/23/2013 04:33 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 08:31:26AM -0400, krishna e bera wrote:
>> On 13-08-23 06:46 AM, ???????? ????????? wrote:
>>> Thanks much Seth for your effort and help but sadly I got the error
>>> "Permission denied". I've googled and found
>>> chmod +x start-tor-browser" but didn't worked, I think I've to
>>> chmod all the folder not just "start-tor-browser" file.
>> You should not need to chmod anything, the TBB was tested on Ubuntu and
>> should work out of the box.
> Unfortunately, some variants of Ubuntu have a new perspective on
> whether to let users click-click on shell scripts. I think it might
> be Unity-related?
>
> See also https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9091
> but alas that ticket doesn't really have a clear explanation of the issue,
> nor a clear best solution.
>
> --Roger

  If you're using Ubuntu, right-click the script, then select
Properties, then click the Permissions tab, and make sure that the
"Allow executing file as program" checkbox is checked.  Then you can
double-click it and select Run.

~Griffin

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My posts, while frequently amusing, are not representative of the thoughts of my employer.