[tor-talk] Torsocks 2.0.0-rc1 release

Greetings everyone!

Two months ago I sent an email [1] to the tor-dev mailing list explaining some
important issues with torsocks. I proposed myself to do a complete rewrite for
the reasons detailed in the email.

I've released today the first release candidate for a 2.0.0 version.

https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks
Package: https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks/archive/v2.0.0-rc1.tar.gz

I'm asking the community for feedbacks, testing, code review, optimization
design and/or anything useful to help improve the project (even correcting the
mistakes or improving any comments). The TODO file in the repository contains
some needed features but that are not critical to the project for a beta release.

Hopefully, with your help, we will be able to replace the current version with a
better one, more tested, more hardened and more portable!... and maybe with a
more meaningful name :).

What is really needed right now is OS X and BSD testers. I did my best to only
use POSIX standard and making sure that libc calls are the same on all platforms
but I was not able to test it on other OS other than Linux so they might some
issues. There is *no* Windows support but again that would be amazing if someone
could port it.

Again, please contribute and help this very useful tool getting better! I
encourage you all to use tor-dev mailing list for any development issues. I'm
also on IRC in #tor-dev as "dgoulet". You can also find me on OFTC, freenode and
indymedia servers.

Big thanks to everyone! Using it is testing it! :)
Cheers!
David

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-June/004959.html