Re: [tor-talk] Many more Tor users in the past week?

On 08/27/2013 12:17 PM, mick wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:39:58 +0000
> mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:
>
>> On 08/27/2013 07:08 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>>

>>> Check out
>>> https://metrics.torproject.org/users.html
>>> (for posterity, the longer-term link will be
>>> https://metrics.torproject.org/users.html?graph=direct-users&start=2013-05-29&end=2013-08-27&country=all&events=off#direct-users
>
>>> Anybody know details? It's easy to speculate (Pirate Browser
>>> publicity gone overboard? People finally reading about the NSA
>>> thing? Botnet?), but some good solid facts would sure be useful.
>>
>> I suspect PirateBrowser, given that PirateBay users probably outnumber
>> privacy lovers by 2-3 orders of magnitude.
>
> Source?

It was a wild guess.

Daily-connecting Tor users jumped from about 5e+5 to about 1.1e+6 over
the past week or so.

According to <http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thepiratebay.se>,
thepiratebay.se's global rank dropped from about 100 in 2013Q1 to about
3.7e+4 currently. But according to
<http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thepiratebay.sx>, thepiratebay.sx's
global rank increased to about 100 during that period.

ThePirateBay's global rank is therefore about 100.

However, I haven't found how to convert that to unique daily visitors.

Anyone know?