Re: [tor-talk] Tor Mail Gateway

Yes. Edward Snowden did a good job and probably had smart tactics for
securing his Internet traffic before meeting with them. It being a
condition may have been the case but even then he is already public so what
we need to focus on is that. If he really needed security he should of used
TorMail as it is secure and it is hard to trace as access is only on the
inside but forwards to external relay servers. Down time is an issue though.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM, krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13-08-27 02:06 PM, Bernard Tyers - ei8fdb wrote:
> >
> > On 27 Aug 2013, at 18:44, The Doctor <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Signed PGP part
> >>
> >> Is it known if he chose to go public, or if it was a condition of the
> >> leak being published by the Guardian?
> >
> > From memory, the first interview he did with Greenwald and Poitras (sp?)
> he said he decided to go public, along the lines that he couldn't stand up
> and stay quiet. (I am paraphrasing, and from memory.)
>
> There is/was a lot of preparation before going public as a
> whistleblower. You have to make contacts in the press and work with them
> to ensure the story gets published at all, nevermind keeping it focused
> on the facts and not on yourself as the press is wont to do.  That takes
> time, during which you could be noticed, tracked down and silenced.
>

> --

Nathan Suchy
If this email was not intended for you delete it and any copies you have of
it. The email was intended for "FirstName LastName". Information in this
email may be confidential and releasing it may be a violation of US law.