Re: [tor-talk] Default clients to be non-exit relay LibTech x

> Theoretically, the directory
> authority could serve up a set of a thousand random nodes, and then the
> client software could select a random set to use initially.

This will make blocking tor nearly impossible and eliminate the need for
Bridge node since authority will have a hard time keeping up with all
non-exit node dynamical.

As for the hostile geographic areas, because the large amount of nodes and
tor only serve 1k of them, the possibility is very small. Also, from our
experience of censorship in China(We're the founders of
https://en.greatfire.org/), the police will not care if you're using
circumventions or help other circumvent in small scale.

Pushing two versions are confusing for the users. However, the Tor could
detect the current IP and use Geo-location to determine not to act as a
non-exit node in some black-listed country.China is not one of them. And
I'll be surprised if there're more than 3 countries that will physically
harass Tor users instead of find technical ways(e.g traffic fingerprint) to
disrupt connection. I believe China will be forced to analyze encrypted
traffic in real time to stop such a move.