[tor-talk] Tor relay activity from Antarctica

There is an indication that computers are connecting to the "Tor"
anonymizing proxy network from Antarctica. This information is anonymously
self-reported by the connecting client computers and it's entirely possible
that the locations are inaccurate. However, there is also a possibility
that malicious software has been installed on computers in one of your
research stations which is using the Tor network for command-and-control
purposes, unbeknownst to the owners. I would encourage you to investigate
this matter.

I'm an operator of Tor relays and take an interest in the activity on the
network, but I'm not directly affiliated with the Tor
Project<https://torproject.org>nor do I claim to represent them.
Please refer to their website for further
information and official contact addresses. I've also sent this message to
their mailing list should you wish to follow up, there.

Kind regards,
Lee Colleton

[image: Inline image
1]<https://metrics.torproject.org/direct-users.png?start=2013-05-29&events=off&end=2013-08-27&country=aq>