Re: [tor-talk] Email Clients and Tor

On 8/31/13, Missouri Anglers <missouri.anglers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have an email client (Sylpheed) that I use to download email from gmail
> and others.
>
> Can this be configured to send/receive through the Tor network?
> Where would I find information on doing this, assuming it can be done?

Look through the manual of whatever the current sylpheed version is for
'socks' or 'proxy'. It's probably there. Or google 'sylpheed socks proxy'.
If not, and if on Unix you might be able to 'torify' it with 'torsocks'.
And if all else fails you can redirect everything through
Tor with your packet filter and Tor's 'TransPort' option.