Re: [tor-talk] Is there a benefit to using the .onion address over a clearnet one?

> I use a service that provides both a clearnet address and an onion
> address. I only access this service through Tor and I usually do it
> via the clearnet address. Are there any benefits to accessing such a
> service via its onion address?

Tor location hidden services have end-to-end encryption. If the site
you are abusing has a http:// clearnet address then you get more
end-to-end security by using the .onion address instead.

Also, the exit node you are using can see someone visiting the site in
question. This is also avoided if you use the .onion variant.