Re: [tor-talk] Why tor doesn't support UDP?

On 08/07/2014 03:57 AM, Andreas Krey wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 23:38:54 +0000, Yuri wrote:
>> So what is the reason that UDP isn't supported?
>
> Because what you describe is a transparent proxy/router, while tor
> only offers a SOCKS5 interface and doesn't (and doesn't want to)
> care about either TCP or UDP packet capture.
>
> Andreas

Well, Tor does offer TransPort, but that doesn't handle UDP either ;)

Although I don't have a reference at hand, it's my impression that Tor
doesn't handle UDP because that would have taken too much time and
effort to implement properly. Basically, UDP leaks too much information,
and preventing that is nontrivial. Right?