Re: [tor-talk] Scaling Tor

Mike Fikuart <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Tor-Talk,
>
> I am interested in the scaling limits to Tor and what present the
> bottlenecks to Torâs future expansion.  I have looked into the
> documentation available and see that Tor has far exceeded initial
> projections through structural changes to the relationships between
> clients, DAâs and relays.

Hidden Services have trouble scaling.

We've been thinking how to build availability in them by allowing
multiple nodes behind a single HS. There are many threads about this
in [tor-dev].

A good starting point is:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-April/006788.html
along with the threads it references in the beginning.