[tor-talk] New Announcement: Qubes + Whonix is now available!

For those interested in Tor, Security, Qubes, Whonix, etc...

With the help of several kind people in the Whonix & Qubes communities, I
have successfully integrated the Qubes + Whonix operating systems
together.

For those who would prefer Whonix as an alternative to TorVM in Qubes (for
torifying your VM traffic), this option is now available to you.

This initial Qubes + Whonix configuration is achived using current versions:

 - Qubes R2rc2 & Whonix 8.2

Qubes + Whonix currently exists as a customized dual HVM configuration:

 - Whonix-Gateway HVM + Whonix-Workstation HVM

A simple networking setup for Qubes + Whonix would look like:

 - NetVM <- FirewallVM <- Whonix-Gateway <- Whonix-Workstation

Where, for example, the Whonix-Gateway conceptually replaces TorVM as your
Tor ProxyVM, and Whonix-Workstation conceptually replaces your standard
AppVMs (AnonVMs).

You can get the Qubes + Whonix step-by-step instructions and more info here:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

All suggestions and feedback are welcome!

I look forward to helping make Qubes + Whonix integration even tighter and
more seamless throughout the future.

If you're interested in the future growth of the Qubes + Whonix platform,
then please join in with us to actively further this goal.

For example, when ProxyVM support is added to the Qubes Debian Template,
we can take Qubes + Whonix beyond the current HVM limitation and utilize a
naitive ProxyVM + AppVM setup for Whonix.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me bring the first known successful
Qubes + Whonix configuration to the world...

Patrick, Joanna, Marek, Jason, Axon, cprise, and everyone else who has
helped! Thank you! :)

P.S. Qubes + Whonix 9 support is coming soon!