Re: [tor-talk] BBC: NSA and GCHQ agents 'leak Tor bugs', alleges developer

On 8/31/14, Griffin Boyce <griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>There are several pseudonymous development sponsors (named only by
>>single letters).  Any of them could be GCHQ or NSA or one of their
>>front
>>agencies.
>>It doesnt matter - all of the code remains open source and the
>>developers have their own public reputation to maintain.
>
> Patches are reviewed by some of the most conscientious and
> intelligently-paranoid security engineers on the planet.
>
> The constant "but what if nsa?" refrain tries my patience like nothing else.
> It assumes that both the US government and Tor are monoliths. Neither could
> be farther from the truth. The ecosystem is also arranged in such a way that
> the most competent security engineers, cryptographers, and circumvention
> developers have their eyes on Tor.
>
> If someone doesn't trust Tor, then they shouldn't use it. Tor devs
> consistently push security fixes to Firefox, so maybe they shouldn't use
> that, either. =P

Truly it *is* worse than that! The tor devs apparently use computers,
so I *strongly* (notice those strong asterisks - I use them because
they are so strong) recommend people stop using computers.

It's waay fishy.

<?>No way?<you say>

<strong emphasis>Way!<say I>

> As for funding, read the tax forms and you'll see where Tor's funding comes
> from. It's not from the NSA, and I'm happy to stake my reputation on that. I
> wouldn't be involved if that were the case.
>
> ~ Griffin

This one time, at GCHQ, I was like, so lost about how to fund tor.

And this one time, at GCHQ, I rang my friends at NSA.<really>

And this one time, at GCHQ, I found a way!<No way?!>

Then I stuck an onion up my mouse. Then the Siberian SVR branch office
mouse hunters came after me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Intelligence_Service_%28Russia%29