Re: [tor-talk] Outage of meek-azure (workaround)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 09:40:35PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> I'm still working on getting the old CDN settings moved to the new
> account :(
>
> But I set up a new endpoint under the new account, and it seems to be
> working. You just have to configure it manually.
>
> On the startup dialog, click "Configure". (Or if Tor Browser is already
> running, click the onion icon and then "Tor Network Settings...".) Check
> "My ISP blocks connections to the Tor network" and click the "Enter
> custom bridges" button. In the box, enter the line:
>
> meek 0.0.2.0:3 A2C13B7DFCAB1CBF3A884B6EB99A98067AB6EF44 url=https://az786092.vo.msecnd.net/ front=ajax.aspnetcdn.com
>
> Here's a screenshot of the screen you should be seeing. The only
> difference is you will enter the bridge line above instead of what the
> screenshot shows.
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Howtochangethefrontdomain
>
> If you're curious, the only thing different in the bridge line above
> compared to the default meek-azure configuration is the url. It replaces
> https://az668014.vo.msecnd.net/, the currently broken CDN endpoint under
> my old account, with https://az786092.vo.msecnd.net/, a new CDN endpoint
> I just set up under the new account.

In addition to the above workaround, you can make meek-azure work again
by installing Tor Browser 5.0a4.
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-50a4-released
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en#downloads-alpha

5.0a4's default configuration matches the workaround posted above. Other
future releases will also work.