Re: [tor-talk] How can I make sure that the Tails I'm running is legitimate?

On 2015-08-14 13:55, Aeris wrote:
So I'm running a Tails on a DVD-R version 1.5 and I'm very curious as to
if I'm running a legitimate copy of Tails. Could you guys help me?

AFAIK, you can sha256sum the corresponding /dev/XXX device.
The hash will be the same as the one indicated on the
https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html page.

Regards,
Hey man thanks a lot! I'm doing it right now, seems like it'll take a while - I think it's been almost 10 mins? Also, ever since I booted this Tails DVD-R, I couldn't join into OFTC via Pidgin. I also have tried OFTC.NET but tells me "no TOR anonymous access" or some sort. What's up with that? Those are the things I expect the most to give me access or give mo no hasle.

Thanks a lot!

Regards!