Re: [tor-talk] How can I make sure that the Tails I'm running is legitimate?

> No, you cannot check a suspect OS with a suspect OS.

Oh yep, miss that point ><

Better to use another  safe  OS, but is re-building our own sha256 tool
enough ?
Even if the OS is malware, seems impossible (or sooooooooo difficult at least)
for me for a corrupted OS to tricks such tool.

The 2 only ways to do this I see at this moment is :
 - trick the /dev/XXX read to send the real OS data, but in this case need the
real data somewhere on the compromised image and so it size must be very
different (Ã2).
 - trick the compiler [1] but difficult to do with a custom sha256
implementation (unable to guess we compile a sha256 to inject forced return
value if detecting compromissed OS data on input).

[1] https://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf

--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://cafÃ-vie-privÃe.fr/