Re: [tor-talk] What's to be Done

On 8/24/15, Anders Andersson <pipatron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Apple Apple
> <djjdjdjdjdjdjd32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The problem is most users and developers (including the likes of Linus)
>> do
>> not care at all about security but will hit the roof in rage if the
>> system
>> is 0.1% slower or this buggy 30 year old Unix application does not work
>> anymore.
>>
>> Is it realistic to incorporate real security into such a mainstream
>> distro
>> Debian or do we need to build/ fork a separate distro?
>
> There's a lot of hyperbole here. Do you have anything to back this up?
> Did someone actually try to improve the security but had to back down?

Indeed.

There is a great deal of positive feedback from the Debian community.
This includes offers of experimenting to provide .onions for the
mirrors, adding a grsec kernel and a number of people offering to help
package critical software that was mentioned.

It takes time and effort - if you'd like to help - please join us in
improving Debian!

All the best,
Jacob