Re: [tor-talk] sadly have to shut down my tor relay after less then 24 hours

It's actually pretty easy and you definitely don't have to be a coder:

1. Find your torrc file and open it in a text editor
2. Search for 'ExitPolicy' (all one word) to find the right section
3. Enter a list of the ports you want to allow. Example:

	ExitPolicy accept *:80
  	ExitPolicy accept *:443
	ExitPolicy accept *:110
	ExitPolicy accept *:143
	ExitPolicy accept *:465
	ExitPolicy accept *:587
	ExitPolicy reject *:*

Make sure all of the other ExitPolicy statements are either deleted or
commended out. The exit policy above allows ports 80 and 443 (for web
access), and ports 110, 143, 465, 587 for email access. It rejects
anything else.

This should stop your copyright infringement problem or at least reduce
it to almost nothing since the users would be restricted to stuff they
can get on regular websites (no torrents, USENET groups, etc).

Hope this helps!

Anthony