Re: Error in the Java Standard Library while using Tor sock proxy

Myers Carpenter wrote:
I'm using a Java program as a network client on TOR. It uses the standard Java support for SOCKS. I'm currently using the SOCKS4 protocol, but I've gotten the same error while using 4, 4a, and 5. The stack trace looks something like this:

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Reply from SOCKS server contains wrong code
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:401)

Thanks for the help Roger. Turns out, when i upgraded from 0.9pre4 to 0.9rc5 I no longer got the error messages.

myers