[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor a Virus?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor a Virus?
- From: Hideki Saito <hidekis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:46:03 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:46:34 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=ZFrq818xRIGqLwgg780uaJW58E5jVQBKcvN96uyFJ07jufBQ7TsHBb6lf8Fp3MkZmI6Vtw1oDIJPh93ErbV1iOQhKa0thFb3h60opC11xtRnmcuK74zRYzNQKWqhEg4OzeA3Pe/lJGeqMheCEB0V795XRXViHZMdJF1RHST8NQo=
- In-reply-to: <41C5A045.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <41C5A045.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Umm, I run AVG Anti-Virus with latest definition and did not find that
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:37:41 -0700, Eugene Armstead
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Here's an issue...
> I have AVG Anti-Virus System running on my machine and it just recently
> did a scheduled scan of my hard drive. It is telling me today that
> tor-009pre4.exe is a virus of the name "Trojan horse Proxy.12.AL. I
> have had this version of tor on my machine for some time and AVG scans
> my machine daily.
> I'm going to make some assumptions on what could be happening:
> 1. A recent virus definition updated caused the recent flagging of Tor.
> 2. Tor isn't really a virus, but just doing it's job... or always was a
> virus... or just acts like one... I dunno, I'm not that smart.
> 3. Tor recently got hacked and the whole network is at risk.
> 4. I'm just crazy.
> The machine I'm having a problem on is a Windows XP Pro Version 2002
> Service Pack 2 Box. I'm running AVG 6.0.818 with Virus Database 556.
> This is an issue of concern for me as I run tor on several different
> machines, one specifically being a full time Onion Router. Can someone
> help me out?
> Eugene Armstead
> - --
> "There is a sacred realm of privacy for every man and woman where he
> makes his choices and decisions-a realm of his own essential rights and
> liberties into which the law, generally speaking, must not intrude."
> Geoffrey Fisher
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
> Comment: My public key http://www.armsteadent.com/publickey.txt
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Hideki Saito mailto: hidekis@xxxxxxxxx