503's on directories (was Re: Tor running on mipsel)

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 07:24:01PM -0800, Chris Palmer wrote:
> > I do see the following error in syslog though:
> > Dec 23 22:34:50 10.164.10.1  Tor: connection_dir_client_reached_eof():
> > Received http status code 503 from dirserver. Failing.
> > Is that important?
>
> Yes, the directory listing had gotten too large for the memory allocated
> to store it! Nick has comitted a patch.

Just to be clear, we currently believe that only the authoritative
dirservers needed to be patched, and they have been. So there's no
need for users or servers to upgrade because of this. (There are other
bugs that we're working on that you may want to upgrade for, but that's
another story for another time. :)

Thanks,
--Roger