Re: [declan@well.com: [Politech] E.U. Parliament votes to force "data retention" on telecom, Net firms [priv]]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Mathewson" <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [declan@xxxxxxxx: [Politech] E.U. Parliament votes to force "data retention" on telecom, Net firms [priv]]

Our current focus for increased performance is to get more servers by
encouraging more users to run servers.  After all, more users without
more servers makes performance worse.  To do this, we must first work
on the network's architecture so that it can scale to tens of
thousands of relays without collapsing.  We're doing this now.
Second, we need to make it easier to run a server, and create
incentives to do so.  This is an active area of research.

Remove the 20KB/s limit and I will run a server (6KB/s max).