[rishab@dxm.org: Re: [silk] inside the Great FireWall...]

----- Forwarded message from Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <rishab@xxxxxxx> -----

From: Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <rishab@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:08:54 +0000
To: silklist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [silk] inside the Great FireWall...

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 05:00:40PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Excellent. Can you verify that you can browse otherwise blocked sites
> with the Torpark you downloaded (assuming, you run Windows, of course)?

for the 3 minutes that the Great Firewall allows tor connections, as i just posted, i can see search for and see the shanwei pics. don't know if they have port 9001 on a blacklist or do some traffic analysis to decide it is Bad.

they're not randomly blocking all ports. dxm.org uses an alternative smtp port which works fine (at least when all connectinos to dxm.org are not blocked).

note that tor is blocked but http works. i can google for shanwei and see Bad news items such as [1] and [2] but i get a timeout if i try to follow those links.

well, goodnight all, that's my service to the Barbarians of Freedom for now - have a flight to catch early morning.

best,
-rishab
1. Bloody Suppression of Farmers in Shanwei; 70 People Shot to Death ... http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-12-10/35595.html&cid=0
2. Shanwei Shootings: Photo Gallery [with a google thumbnail pic] http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-12-10/35613.html&cid=0