Re: circuit recovery

i was aware of the 'long lived nodes' thing for persistent
connections... perhaps rating this on a longer timeline would be
helpful, an uptime average rather than current age - or have i misread
the spec in this regard?

i'm not quite sure i understand the thing of the circuit queues thing
you talk about in that faq entry - a 2/3rd improvement in connection
stability on irc would be very welcome in any case... i am speaking as a
user, and not as a developer, but i was under the impression relaying
did not have any process on the server side apart from listen and pass
forward... and thus the circuits built for connections to these long
lived connection types - perhaps they could be constructed beforehand in
such a way that they can be migrated periodically, and perhaps as a
further measure, if a more stable but less anonymous proxy node were
available, there could be some way to have the entire circuit shift,
since the endpoint proxy relay is almost guaranteed to be stable.

just putting in some thoughts, my primary usage of tor is for irc, so
this area is of much interest to me.

--
  Glymr Darkmoon
  glymr_darkmoon@xxxxxxx