[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor crashes ZoneAlarm
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor crashes ZoneAlarm
- From: "Hideki Saito" <hidekis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 03:58:51 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 06:59:22 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=GlzJDdbzPtiH46bwRHIeD7rn04Pg8hKtjNINnn9Ti2ttphUNrw8luTduGFiXJrtYvm6MXimST39bEAT3CpiwxJ5lYcstQRijyBlae9lWWcZ+4za4tvvcxbzUq49zcyNT7bdgxu24DFMYcvuJ4OoXMS+OQvtlupqui7w8gRHBMd4=
- In-reply-to: <450EA2E2.email@example.com>
- References: <20060917224548.4B17D8B31A@xprdmxin.myway.com> <450DD1BC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <450DD4EF.email@example.com> <450E2540.firstname.lastname@example.org> <450EA2E2.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For those of your experiencing the problem with ZoneAlarm, you might
want participate in ZoneAlarm 7 beta testing program. It seems like
they would want to know about those crashes.
2006/9/18, Tim McCormack <basalganglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Ah, I understand now.
Also, I'm under the impression that many routers can block outgoing
traffic in a somewhat rule-based manner. Might check into that.
Kees Vonk wrote:
> Tim McCormack wrote:
>> Kees Vonk wrote:
>>> I am aware of this, but have yet to find a opensource personal firewall,
>>> if you know of one I would be very interested.
>> You mean, besides buying a cheapo router and flashing Linux onto the
>> - Tim
> That would still not stop malicious software from accessing the
> internet. I mean personally I run linux, so it is not an issue, but most
> of my friends run windows, and to stop them having to call on me all the
> time I prefer their machines to have as much security as possible. They
> all know now how ZoneAlarm works and know when to ask me about strange
> processes trying to access the internet. Sounds like an overkill, but
> just the other day I had a friend with trojan that had just been
> discovered two days earlier and his antivirus was three days old, so
> thanks to ZoneAlarm it was stopped from doing to much damage.
> I know this is now off topic, but I thought I better explain what I am
> looking for.
> BTW. can you flash linux onto most routers? I have a D-Link DI-504.