Re: Bootstraping Tor manually to get past the Great Firewall

Thus spake Nick Mathewson (nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> The long-term problem is dealing with the fact that the censors can
> access the directories too, and that IP-based blocks are the bread and
> butter of firewalls.

Can't find the article now, but I once read it is more difficult for
China to add IP-based blocks than keyword/url ones. It takes them
longer to add IP blocks as opposed to new keywords. Couple this with
the fact that there is probably a lot of churn a lot of the Tor nodes
towards the middle-bottom, and a way to get this directory information
across might be enough for a while...

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist