Re: Facing legal issues

This message got filtered as 'spam' by gmail for some reason so I wanted to post it here for those who don't check their spam filters:
Am Sonntag, den 17.12.2006, 11:41 +0100 schrieb Florian Lohoff:
> Hi,
> i won an appointment with the local police on monday because someone
> abused the tor network for fraud on amazon. My node seems to have shown
> up in the logs of amazon so i am the one beeing invited.
>
> I printed most of the documentation on the tor pages to make shure i get
> understood what tor is.
> I also printed the node list which clearly shows my node up and running.
>
> Are there other interesting legal documents concerning german law i
> might just take with me and clear the situation up more quickly.
>
> Flo

Some parts of http://hp.kairaven.de/bigb/asurf.html#a92 could be
helpful, its in german and there are some pictures ...

Max

I]]]I think that this is a topic that the CCC would want to get involved in because it pertains to germany specifically. Good luck with the cops.

On 12/17/06, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 11:41:42AM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> i won an appointment with the local police on monday because someone
> abused the tor network for fraud on amazon. My node seems to have shown
> up in the logs of amazon so i am the one beeing invited.
>
> I printed most of the documentation on the tor pages to make shure i get
> understood what tor is.
> I also printed the node list which clearly shows my node up and running.
>
> Are there other interesting legal documents concerning german law i
> might just take with me and clear the situation up more quickly.

Hi Florian,

You should contact <anonymizer@xxxxxx> and ask this same question.
Maybe you can then suggest to them that they put up a page or two
summarizing what they would answer to people?

I'll be in Berlin in a week or so and will encourage them to do this
then too. But the more encouragement the better. :)

Thanks!
--Roger