[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
re: suggestion for 'is my installation of tor working?' page
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: re: suggestion for 'is my installation of tor working?' page
- From: Wesley Kenzie <wkenzie@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:19:37 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:21:23 -0500
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-by: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:00:00 -0800
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good idea. We will work on getting a page available on showmyip.com to do
this - maybe something like http://www.showmyip.com/torstatus/ with just the
relevant data for new Tor users.
. . .
From: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Hogan
Sent: December 19, 2006 1:07 PM
Subject: suggestion for 'is my installation of tor working?' page
All of the above provide useful information for the first-time tor user. But
the last two are only really meaningful to initates (and probably confusing
to everyone else), while the first is reassuring but could really offer a
What is needed (IMVHO) is a page that confirms you are using tor
but also introduces you to the other services that tor offers and also some
advice for the tor debutante. A sort of official or unofficial 'welcome to
the tor network' page. This could be linked to in the FAQ/INSTALL and used
Would the maintainers of any of the above be interested in providing such a
thing? Given that the heavy lifting has already been done on all of the
above, it would be very trivial to create. Would there be an appetite for
such a thing on the tor homepage itself?
Suggestions for content:
* A warm greeting!
* Top Five things all tor users should know
* Appeal for users to run servers and link to how-to
* An introduction to some hidden services
Anyway, just a thought...