Meaning of the notice "I learned some more directory information, but not enough to build a circuit."?

Hi,

On my Tor server (roundabout, 0.1.2.4-alpha) the following message usually appears up to three times
a day:
"..... [notice] I learned some more directory information, but not enough to build a circuit."

I read once in a posting with a similar subject that this notice ist not further interesting while
running a Tor server.

But while these two periods:
- Dec 18th 09:45 pm -> Dec 19th 03:46 pm)
- Dec 20th (02:26 pm) -> Dec 21st (10:40 am)
I faced an accumulated appearance (~ every 30 Minutes) of the above message which corresponds with a
decrease of traffic on the Tor server.

Shortly after the message was not logged anymore the traffic increase to the usual amount.

See http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9732/roundaboutmemorytrafficvz7.png for details.

So my question is:
Is there something that goes wrong if this messages appears and could this error be avoided?

Thx in advance,
Joerg