Re: Nice quiet, private, anonymous life??

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 02:06:22PM -0700, mark485anderson@xxxxxx wrote:

> If I was in your position I might consider putting some bulk
> demagnetizers near my hard drives with a panic switch, with backups to a

Doesn't work, you'd need too many Teslas. Plastique or thermite would work.
Cryptographic filesystem would work, since you only would have to lose
power for a couple seconds.

> secure unknown location. Don't know how they work in Canada, but here in
> the USA, they keep your equipment once they seize it and build a case

In Germany the hardware is effectively confiscated. You might get your
hardware out earlier (in a couple months) if you have a lawyer, and can
make a case that you're a business.

> from your hard drives. Better yet increase your RAM and run everything
> off a ram drive if possible. If you are already under surveillance, best

I would expect that many of Tor exit node operators have been under
telecommunication surveillance.

> to seek legal advice now. Don't know if the Electronic Frontier
> Foundation will help or not. You might also get advice on the usenet.
> misc.legal, comp.legal(or similar). All depends on what statute and case
> law is in Canada and whether or not you have access to good legal
> representation. Sounds like they are getting ready to pounce and casing
> your house.

In Bavaria, you only have to criticize the pope while in presence
of a fink. The SWAT will be with you shortly.