Re: Insecurities in Privoxy Configurations - Details

> 1) Those of us who use polipo should pay attention too, and make sure
> to put
>   disableLocalInterface=true
> in our polipo config file. Otherwise a remote attacker can reconfigure
> our polipo out from underneath us, examine our cache to see where we've
> been browsing, etc.

FWIW, both the cache index and the list of recently accessed servers
are disabled by default.  Reconfiguring Polipo is enabled by default,
and I agree that it is a good idea to disable it, ass suggested by
Roger above.

I'm trying to put together all hints about running Polipo with Tor on

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/polipo/tor.html

Please send your additions to the Polipo-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailing list.

Thanks,