Tor and Privoxy on Mac OS X 10.4.11

I've been running the Tor, Torbutton, and Privoxy combo on Mac OS X for a long time, but when I recently updated to 10.4.11, it stopped working, even though it's supposed to start up automatically when I login every day. All I got were error messages saying that Privoxy was set to a host that wasn't responding.

Finally I uninstalled it and installed the Tor, Privoxy, and Vidalia package and it works, but I have to manually turn it on now, since there are no startup scripts for Tor and Privoxy with that package.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem, and how to fix it? I hate using Vidalia when I know Tor and Privoxy can startup automatically, and that's the setup I want to go back to and use.

Mulder