Re: Tor and Privoxy on Mac OS X 10.4.11

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 10:58:45PM -0600, nil.bitbucket@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.4K bytes in 34 lines about:
: No, I just want the Tor package for "experts" to actually start
: itself and Privoxy at startup and work. I had this installed before
: and it worked fine under 10.4.10, but since updating to 10.4.11, it

<snip>

: We need to figure out the problem with the startup scripts and why
: they don't work, even though they did startup automatically. I know
: this because I tried to startup manually and the OS said another
: instance was already running.

The two paragraphs seem incompatible.  Either they failed to start, or
they did start.  It can't be both.

The "experts" package does indeed start up Tor and Privoxy on boot.
I tested this last night for 10.4.11 successfully.  In fact, I'm
unable to make them fail to start on boot without forcefully injecting
an invalid config.  Technically, the OS does try to start Tor, but my
forced invalid config causes it to fail to start.

Do you have error messages from /var/log/system.log or /var/log/tor.log
regarding tor or privoxy at bootup?

--
Andrew