Re: Best Hardware for TOR server..

     On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:38:02 -0800 (PST) "Eric H. Jung"
<eric.jung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>--- Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>      The providers in the U.S. are not at the forefront, obviously.  Unlike
>> France, Japan, etc., an intermediate-speed, asymmetric model is used for
>> residential service in the U.S.  If you have, say, $1200/month to blow, you
>> can get a T3 line and call yourself a business, but then you need a much
>> classier modem+router to deal with it.
>
>That information is a little dated. I've been getting Verizon fiber optic service to the home for
>$40/month, which provides 5 Mbps up and 15-20 Mbps down. There are other plans for another $5-10
>which provide 15/15 and other options.

     Then perhaps Verizon at last is trying to catch up with the state of
things in those other countries, but it is decidedly not there yet.  I have
an ADSL line, whose speeds vary from 5.5 to 6.9 Mb/s receive and from 0.9 to
1.0 Mb/s transmit.  That's the best available for home users in a Chicago
suburb housing the second largest university in Illinois.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG