Re: Best Hardware for TOR server..

On Dec 14, 2007, at 10:09:28, Michael Holstein wrote:

all behind a  Linksys Firewall Router.

This will be a problem. Cheap-o routers don't have enough memory to manage huge state tables.

I haven't noticed any such problems with an Apple Airport Extreme router.

 My service provider will most likely be Comcast cable broadband.

YMMV, but Comcrap will axe you if they know you're running servers, and they WILL know that if you decide to run an exit, because they'll get lots of complaints about it. I lost count of the number of complaints mine generated, but I still have copies of the various subpoenas I got (*).

I've been running a server (phrenograph) on a Comcast connection in the Washington, DC, area for a few months now, and I haven't heard anything from Comcast about it.

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/
PGP Key ID: 0x7F2AC862B511029F