Re: heise online: Klarstellung

On Dec 17, 2007 5:51 PM, TOR-Admin (gpfTOR1) <tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now, I have to say, that I am only a tor-op, not a developer.

But may be, your tor node routes only data retention free protocols
like instant messaging..... You have to log nothing and you do not
need the realtime interface for communication data (§100g StPO).

Hello,

I reat a lot about this lately and as far as I can tell
instant-messaging is nothing short of electronic mail.
Thus it is far from data-retention-free.

The only loophole I could find was to not offer your service
publicly. Having a foundation that you can become a member of
(for free) and providing your own tor-network strictly for members,
that exits via the normal tor-network inbstead of directly to the
internet seems to be feasable.
Maybe this can be combined with the existing VPNs of free
wireless-comunities you have over there. I heard of one named
"freifunk" that seems to be pretty huge.

A.Y.