Re: Please run a bridge relay! (was Re: Tor 0.2.0.13-alpha is out)

Hi folks,

I had some problems with my mailserver, so probably the following
questions were already discussed. If so, I am sorry.

> Bridge relays (or "bridges" for short) are Tor relays that aren't listed
> in the main directory.

If I am running TOR as a server, and I add the option "bridge relay",
than my server wouldn't be available in the main directory. Doesn't that
necessarrily results in only running a bridge, and not a server any
more, because nobody knows that I am running a server?

> The harder way is to edit your torrc file manually
> https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#torrc
> and add the following lines:
>   ORPort 443
>   BridgeRelay 1
>   PublishServerDescriptor bridge
>   ExitPolicy reject *:*
>   RelayBandwidthRate 50 KBytes

Do I have to use port 443? If not, I could offer a high-speed bridge.

> Plus there are people in the world who need them. :)

Regards,
Ricky.
--
"Falls Freiheit überhaupt etwas bedeutet, dann bedeutet sie das Recht
darauf, den Leuten das zu sagen, was sie nicht hören wollen."

GPG-Fingerprint: 10D6 7B8F 1F7C 7CB1 2C4E 930E AFD2 FDF3 A10B D302
GPG-Key-ID: AFD2FDF3A10BD302
http://www.lawlita.com/pgp-schluessel/