Re: Need help with MPAA threats

It is unlikely that the content in question was ever on your computer at all,
because Tor does not transfer UDP packets (used by bittorrent for data) and
the default exit policy rejects the common bittorrent ports.
The MPAA investigators are likely seeing the Tor users' access to the tracker website
which is done via http.

However, imo your best legal course in USA is as phobos suggested.

I'm in Canada, where the DMCA does not really apply,
but my network provider was getting annoyed receiving DMCA notices every day
and threatening to cut off my server.
The template letter i adapted from Torproject and
was sending to the DMCA complainants (cc my network provider) was not enough
because it did not stem the tide of notices.
I thought about getting a cease-and-desist order against the complainants
but i have no idea how (and no money) to go about international legal actions.

After looking at several dozen automated DMCA letters,
i noticed that all but a few point to tracker websites for ThePirateBay.
I decided to add the ip addresses for those tracker websites to my reject list
and have not received a DMCA notice for a few weeks now.
Although this technically rejects some web (http) traffic,
it seems to me just an extension of the exit policy rejecting bittorrent ports
because those tracker ip addresses are primarily used for setting up p2p transfers.
I'm paying $100 a month in bandwidth fees to facilitate anonymous communication
for activists etc - not to subsidize consumption of games and movies.
Yes i know p2p can carry all sorts of content;
if there is lots of "legitimate" stuff available via ThePirateBay my attitude could change.
Feedback on this is welcome.