Re: Failed to hand off onionskin

Hi!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, step one is to set
> NumCPUs 2
> but I think you already did that.

Yes. That was something I tried first. But it did not change those
warnings much (I have not really measured or counted them but I
believe that there is the same amount of them in a day with one or two
processors enabled).

The only time I really see increase in CPU % (in top output on
FreeBSD) is when I send HUP signal - then it gets much over 100 % for
a few seconds.

> Assuming you're referring to the relay "Arlequin", this is a very fast
> relay, so you will be running up against various constraints that not
> many people hit.

Yes. But the system really does not seem busy.

> How much ram is Tor using? If it's a lot, you might consider the -alpha
> versions, as on some platforms they use much less ram.

top reports 369M of total memory footprint. It has 3 threads. There
are around 14000 TCP connections established (I can count this as the
system has a dedicated IP address for Tor traffic).

Could it be a memory use bound? So that memory access cannot keep with
the use? And this is why the CPU is not maxed?

Mitar