Re: Suggestions for Advocacy

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 08:25:49PM -0600, onionroutor@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.6K bytes in 28 lines about:
: I'm a member of one of those local organizations that regularly presents
: information related to security, technology, etc to each other.  I'm
: wondering if there are suggestions for local advocacy and training
: guidelines so not to mis-represent Tor (although it would be obvious that I
: have no directly affiliations).  I read on the three year road map that
: training and promotion is a priority of course but discussion about
: anonymity systems can become a heated topic especially related to the
: Privacy Debate.  Maybe something from the CCC meetings or one of Roger's
: presentations.

A number of people have created their own presentations.  Roger's
presentations are listed at
https://www.torproject.org/documentation.html.en#UpToSpeed numbers 10
and 11.

Depending where you are, someone from Tor may be available to show up
and also help out.

But you're right, it would be good to have a general Tor presentation
template/demo for others to use for their own advocacy purposes
available on the website.  I'm happy to work with others on such a thing
that we can give away with some creative commons license.

--
Andrew