No Tor server exists that allows exit to ...

Happy Holidays.

I've setup a server on tor that I connect to via "localhost.<fingerprint>.exit" instead of using a *.onion address. It works fine at first. However after 30 minutes or so I start receiving messages in my log from a connecting machine that says [notice] No Tor server exists that allows exit to 127.0.0.1:<port>

The reason I used this method instead of hidden services was because my connections were timing out too frequently.

Any insight or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

- Justin