Re: doesn't take long for the dmca's notices to start rolling in..

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:26:05 -0500 Mike L <jackoroses@xxxxxxxxx>
top-posted:
>Bad News..
>The hosting provider is still getting take down notices etc and sent me an
>email wanting to know what other preemptive actions I have taken or can take
>to prevent anymore notices from coming in.
>Supposedly the DC is threatening to pull the plug on their server if they
>don't do something about my tor node...
>So it's looking like a relay or bridge but exit node isn't looking like a
>happy future right now..
>
>If I limit my exit ports to http(s) and ssh; would that pretty much stop the
>torrenting?

    Have you asked your provider for a list of IP addresses that you should
exclude from your exit policy?

No but I included your suggestion in my reply to the provider.

>Or does anyone know a good vps hosting company they can point me too?
>One that isn't racked in the FDC DC?

    Someone else can answer that, or you can dig through the archives to
find the companies mentioned on this list in the past.

Right that's why they call it the past.. I was looking for current companies
that anyone might refer me to.

                                 Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:       bennett at cs.niu.edu                              *
* "A well regulated and disciplined militia, is at all times a good  *
* -- a standing army."                                               *
*    -- Gov. John Hancock, New York Journal, 28 January 1790         *