Re: Vidalia Bundle and RSS in Thunderbird 3.0

On 12/27/2009 10:39 PM, Programmer In Training wrote:
 > OK, now I'm confused. You say don't use :9050, but all your
> documentation for FF, TB, and even Pidgin says use :9050
>
> Has this changed and the wiki just not updated to reflect this?

Yes, you are confused.  Let me try to clarify.

Leave the http, https, ftp, ssl, gopher, whatever fields blank.  only
configure the socks field as "localhost:9050".  If thunderbird 3 has
proper socks support, it will only use the socks proxy on localhost,
port 9050 for access to the internet.

I haven't used thunderbird 3, so I may be completely off base.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://torproject.org/