Re: Relay flooding, confirmation, HS's, default relay, web of trust

> I'm too obtuse to understand, just with your footnote alone,
> what a "hidden service trap" is - would you provide a further
> explanation, or a link to one ?

A hidden service trap is a hidden service run by any one/entity
you'd rather not be doing business with. A trap, a lure, a ruse,
a sting. Leading to possible incrimination, characterization,
etc... bridging same into the non-anonymous real world. Could be
a Bad/Good dude/thing, depending on your point of view.

> Lucky Green on WoT

Oh yes, agreed, I never claimed signing into OpenPGP WoT was magic
solution. I littered it with soft disclaimers. As before, it would be an
*additional* metric which could optionally be used in selection
calculations if desired.

Save for a few, the node owners are mostly known only by IP. One might
feel better if there was a human keychain wrapped around some of
them. Many of us fully understand the weakness of such a WoT as applied
to Tor, for which there's no requirement to elect to use its metrics.
Much as one may or may not choose to utilize nodes that appear
to reside in certain countries, appear to run on certain platforms, have
cute nicknames, etc.

Were I to be running a node, maybe I'd sign others based on whatever
I felt they meant to me. Maybe others would similarly sign mine. Maybe
the EFF would sign some, maybe Tor, maybe CCC, maybe torservers,
maybe people on mailing lists, maybe FOSS devs, etc, the usual. And
maybe I'd let degree of separation from me or them be a weighted guide
as to the rest. It's just another tool to use, not magic.