Re: Chrome and Safari IP leak

Thus spake Karsten N. (tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> a warning for using Google Chrome, Safari or other Webkit based browsers
> with Tor. Because of a bug in the FTP proxy settings user can
> deanonymized by FTP links.

As Roger said, Chrome is not yet supported. We're working with Google
to change this:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/google-chrome-incognito-mode-tor-and-fingerprinting

But thanks for reporting this bug. Turns out it already has a ticket
in Chrome's bug tracker, but I wasn't aware of it:

I've added it to our list of Chrome issues at:

I will also ping the lead developer for Chrome proxy settings.
Unfortunately, they are currently on leave until early next year I
believe.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist