Re: Help me diagnose my Tor blocked/censored ISP!

El 03/12/10 09:17, Mike Perry escribió:
Actually, let's break this thread off into a new one with new subject, too.

Sorry about the double-post. Just want to make sure this hits the
search engines.

Thus spake Daniel Franganillo (danielf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

Our ISP wont say nothing about their filters (It seems to be a Top Secret
issue :P). As I said before there's no problem reported at debug.log except
for the frequent:

[debug] TLS error: unexpected close while reading (SSL_ST_OK)

Another way to do this is to try to use Tor as a client. Does that
work?

Nope.

How about using a client with bridges. Do they work?
https://www.sesawe.net/Using-Tor-with-Bridges.html

Nope. Transfer rates are equally ridiculous. Tried in windows, same.

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. Now, your question isn't "How do I
run a relay at a censored ISP" it's "Please help me use Tor at a
censored ISP." That is a question we are prepared to at least *try* to
answer :)

Can you access the following page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/BlockingDiagnostics

If it too is blocked, blocked, it is also available via the
ssl-encrypted proxy link on ixquick:
https://us2.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?q=TheOnionRouter+BlockingDiagnostics

Similarly it is in the Google Cache, which is now available over SSL.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wDewL-f-g9gJ:https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/BlockingDiagnostics+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If you feel you can follow those instructions, can we meet on IRC? Can
you access #tor-dev on irc.oftc.net? Port 6697 is SSL, if you suspect
keyword filtering too.

Specify a time and we can give you a private bridge IP and try to
diagnose exactly how your ISP is blocking access to Tor.

P.S. The above goes for anyone who knows anyone having trouble
*accessing* the Tor network from anywhere else. Please contact me or
show up on #tor-dev.

We are in desperate need of people inside China to help us with this.
So far we have zero people there who can help us diagnose what is
going on.

Sorry, Ive been on holidays and couldnt get this done. How about tomorrow at 09:00-12:00 UTC ?

Thanks.

PD: My nickanme at tor-dev is dfranganillo
--
   Daniel Franganillo Corrales