Re: Any way to secure/anonymize ALL traffic?

Thank you.  I've looked it over and applied all that applies to me but...

I am having a problem with routing all DNS enquiries through tor.  I have add these lines, as per instructions, to my torrc:

AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
TransPort 9040
DNSPort 53

and also altered my resolv.conf  (linux) so that it reads:

namserver 127.0.0.1

as per the instructions, however, when I alter the resolv.conf file thus I lose the ability to resolve any addresses.  Something must be missing.

My system is a laptop connected to a DSL router via wireless.  Unless I set my resolv.conf to point to the IP of the router I lose IP resolution ability.  What is missing here?  What else is required to get my DNS traffic through tor?