Re: Any way to secure/anonymize ALL traffic?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:39 AM, 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/22/10 08:38, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> I have always been disturbed by the fact that _javascript_ or flash
> can sidestep tor and give away your real IP.  Is there truly no way
> to control one's own computer so that any and ALL traffic that goes
> out to the ethernet port or wlan gets directed through tor no matter
> what?  Can any combination of software and hardware prevent software
> on one's own computer from acting the way someone else wants rather
> than as the owner wants?  I would love to be able to use _javascript_
> and flash (some site require one or the other or both to be
> functional) and know that ANY traffic that exits my own system WILL
> be directed through the tor network.

Any and ALL suggests a machine that allows only HTTP/S activity to/from
a TOR process; to/from a TOR entry node; all other traffic (e.g. UDP
from some sneaky plugin) is blocked.

An iptables script or Windows firewall could do that. Presumably a
second script would be invoked for normal operation.

Alternatively, VMs dedicated to TOR applications could achieve your
goal, plus protect your box if something grabs your e.g. browser and
tries to sniff around.

JanusVM(.com) does exactly this and works with any OS.

Best regards,

Kyle