Re: Tor VM stalled at 25%

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Praedor Atrebates <praedor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... I want the VM system because I want to be able to browse without having to deactivate java, javascript, and flash... I want the VM so I can access these websites while still being anonymous, thus the necessity of a VM environment.

there are still a large number of risks to your anonymity when using
things like Java, Flash, arbitrary applications with Tor, even in a
fully transparently Tor'ified VM configuration.

local DNS resolver IP disclosures and side channels, chained exploits
(accelerated VM interfaces are very risky but oh so performant...),
many, many other considerations and risks.

you need to carefully consider your risks for using such things, hence
my recommendation for the stock bundle without those risky things
unless you really know what you're doing or the risks are
exceptionally low.

best regards,