Re: Tor & Email?

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 03:42:00AM -0500, grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 15 lines about:
: Keep in mind that google does not allow new accounts to be
: created via Tor. Unless you are willing to give up your phone

This is false.  I just created a gmail account via tor without needing a
phone number or any other information.

Frequently, google's
anti-ddos/spam/too-many-creations-from-a-single-ip-address detector
is tripped for tor exit nodes and requires other information.

We've generally suggested gmail because their bulk account creation
process was good.  It seems this is not the case any more.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B