Re: [tor-talk] Running tails headless ... virtualbox ...

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, coderman wrote:

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM, John Case <case@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a colo'd server that I want to run tails on.

I do not have physical access to the server, nor does the server have KVM
attached - just a headless box in a cabinet somewhere.

use xvfb (X virtual framebuffer) as the display environment. you can
then even run VNC or remote desktop to this display, if you want a
tails GUI, otherwise shell in as usual.

For this application, I do not need (or want) any GUI at all, so I can skip the framebuffer and no need to VNC in, etc.

So when you say "shell in as usual", I am not sure what you mean - there does not appear to be an sshd, and tails boots to GUI with no choice given to boot to console or other modes, etc.

Thanks.